What is a cookie and what is it for?
A cookie is a small file that is stored on the user’s computer, tablet, smartphone or any other device with information about browsing.
The combination of all of our users’ cookies helps us to improve the quality of our website, as they allow us to verify that the pages are useful and which of them can be improved.
Cookies are an essential for a website to work, as they provide numerous benefits for the provision of interactive services, making our website easier to browse and use.
There is no way in which cookies can harm your computer. Quite the opposite: when they are active they help us to identify and fix bugs.
What types of cookies do we use?
Based on the company that manages them:
- First-party cookies: These are sent to your device from our own servers or domains and we use them to provide you with the service that you have requested.
- Third-party cookies: These are sent to your device from a server or domain that is not managed by us, but by another partner company. For example: those used by social networks or for external content, such as Google Maps.
Based on the length of time that they remain active:
- Session cookies: These are temporary cookies that remain in the browser’s cookies file until you leave the website, so they are never stored on the computer’s hard drive. The information obtained using these cookies is used to analyse traffic patterns on the website. Over time, this makes it possible for us to provide a better experience, to improve the content and ease of use.
- Persistent cookies: These are stored on the hard drive and our website reads them every time you visit it. A persistent cookie has a fixed expiration date. The cookie will cease to work after that date. Generally, we use these cookies to facilitate purchases and registration.
Based on their purpose:
- Strictly necessary cookies: These are necessary for browsing and for our website to work properly. They allow traffic to be monitored and data communication, access to restricted areas and they make it possible to place an order for a purchase, to use security features, to store content so that videos can be displayed or to share content via social networks.
- Functionality cookies: These make it possible to access a service with predefined characteristics which are based on different criteria such as, for example, the language, type of browser used to access the service, the regional settings, etc.
- Performance cookies: These allow us to determine the number of users, thus enabling a measurement and statistical analysis of the way in which users use the services that are provided.
For that purpose, your browsing of our website is analysed to allow us to improve the range of services that we offer.
- Advertising cookies: These allow us to manage, in the most efficient way possible, any advertising spaces that may be included on our website.
- Behavioural advertising cookies: These cookies store information about the behaviour of users, which is obtained through continuous observation. Thanks to them, we are able to identify browsing habits on the internet and show advertising relative to your browsing profile.
Purpose of each of the cookies used:
Below we list the cookies that are used on our website and their purpose.
|List of cookies used on the domain www.novalo.com:|
|Name||Server from which it is sent
||Purpose||First/Third-Party||Excluded/not excluded (from the duty of disclosure and consent)
NOTE: This list will be updated as soon as possible when the services offered on the website are changed. However, occasionally during updates, it is possible that the list may not include some of the cookies, although the purpose of the cookies in question will always be the same as those recorded on the list.
How can I change the cookie settings or disable them?
You can allow, block or delete the cookies installed on your computer by changing the settings of the internet browser. If you do not allow us to store cookies on the browser, you may not be able to access some of the services and your experience on our website may be less satisfactory.
On the following links you can find all of the information necessary to change the settings or disable cookies on each browser:
- Google Chrome
- Mozilla Firefox
- Internet Explorer
- Safari for IOS (iPhone y iPad)
- Chrome para Android
In Nóvalo we do not store the personal data of our users, apart from the IP address, as explained above. Browsing and continuing to use our website means that that you give your consent for the aforementioned cookies to be used in accordance with the conditions contained in this Cookies Policy.